Garbage Pickup & Recycle
1103 Jefferson Rd • South Charleston, WV • 304-744-5532
Refuse Collection Pickup Schedule
Subject to change due to holidays and weather
Monday- Garbage Area (1 & 3) Recycle Area (1)|
Tuesday- Garbage Area (2 & 4) Recycle Area (2)
Thursday- Garbage Area (1 & 3) Recycle Area (3)
Friday- Garbage Area (2 & 4) Recycle Area (4)
What to Recycle and How!:
- Remove rubber bands and plastic bundles
Corrugated Cardboard only
- Wash all food residues out, remove labels.
Plastics 1 & 2
- Milk jugs, soda bottles, detergent bottles, etc.
- Numbers are listed on the bottoms of these containers. Empty.
- (No brittle plastics such as strawberry containers)
White Office paper
- Window envelopes are ok
- Cereal boxes, magazines, colored paper, etc. (nothing with a wax coating)
The recycling center does not take glass, electronics, wrapping paper, Styrofoam, books, large plastic items such as lawn furniture, car parts, egg cartons, food containers.
How many aluminum cans and water bottles do you throw away each week?
Americans throw away 2.5 million bottles every hour. Only 5% is recycled each year. Aluminum cans are able to be recycled using less than 5% of the energy used to produce the original. Recycling one plastic bottle saves enough energy to light a 60-watt bulb for 6 hours. Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to light a 100-watt bulb for 20 hours. One can or bottle can make a difference!