311 D Street • South Charleston, WV • 304-746-5552
Walter B. Urling built the original LaBelle, and named the theatre after “Isabelle”, both his daughter’s and mother’s name. The LaBelle continued to function as a movie house, enduring a name change to Cinema South in the late 1960’s, but closed in the 1980’s. The building served as a church through the 1990’s. In 2003, the City of South Charleston purchased the building, and work continues to bring The LaBelle back to life again as a working theatre.
- 255 seats
- $75.00 per hour – includes PA System, DVD and video equipment
- Rental available for church services, parties, corporate meetings, concerts, plays, weddings, reunions, auctions, gospel sings, fundraisers, private movies, types of exercise, art shows and more
- Free parking with handicap accessible parking and interior of theatre
- Advertise event on marquee $15.00
- New lighting on marquee and exterior of the building
- Limited concessions in lobby only- No food or beverages are allowed in the theatre!
- New tile, carpet, theatre seats, sound equipment, historical pictures of South Charleston, beautiful crystal chandeliers, drapes, painting
- Some museum items displayed in lobby- Advertise event on marquee $15.00