Garbage Pickup & Recycle
1103 Jefferson Rd • South Charleston, WV • 304-744-5532
Refuse Collection Pickup Schedule
Subject to change due to holidays and weather
Monday- Garbage Area (1 & 3) Recycle Area (1)|
Tuesday- Garbage Area (2 & 4) Recycle Area (2)
Thursday- Garbage Area (1 & 3) Recycle Area (3)
Friday- Garbage Area (2 & 4) Recycle Area (4)
Recycle the following at the curb:
- No. 1 & 2 plastic bottles (soft drink bottles, milk jugs, liquid detergent containers, etc.)
- Plastics 1-7
- Plastic beverage rings
- Corrugated cardboard 3’x3′ squares
- Steel food and beverage cans
- Plastic bags
- Gift wrap
- White paper, mixed paper & junk mail
- Spiral paper cans without wax
- Aluminum cans, foils & trays
- Newspaper (including inserts, magazines, telephone books and catalogs)
- Glass food & beverage containers
Click on image for larger view.
How many aluminum cans and water bottles do you throw away each week?
Americans throw away 2.5 million bottles every hour. Only 5% is recycled each year. Aluminum cans are able to be recycled using less than 5% of the energy used to produce the original. Recycling one plastic bottle saves enough energy to light a 60-watt bulb for 6 hours. Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to light a 100-watt bulb for 20 hours. One can or bottle can make a difference!